December 12th, 2008

NiTek X Update

By

Okay, so I know I keep saying it’s close. You’re saying, “yeah, yeah.” Well, the NiTek X is here and we are assembling the first 100 units, which are beta test units. While we were waiting for the parts to come, I have been diving the X with 4th cell integration on the O2ptima. It tracks well with the HH controller and the display is easy to read.

The first 100 units are full production beta units. We want and expect feedback from the divers who purchase them. Our development team are all tech divers so we know what tech divers expect, but we want your input so we can be sure everything you need is there. Any changes on the beta units can be sent via Workbench and USB upload cables.

Lamar

7 Responses to “NiTek X Update”

• That is great to hear…any idea when we might start seeing them on the shelves of our LDS?

Bob, December 12th, 2008 at 2:40 pm

• Hi Lamar,

great to hear that the Nitek X is getting closer. Can’t wait to check it out. When you mention 4th cell integration, do you mean 1 cell reading or cell 1,2,4 ?

Do you feel that getting deco information (backup for the HH or primary) monitoring one cell is sufficient ?

Regards,

Erik

Erik Dasque, December 12th, 2008 at 5:29 pm

• Hi Erik,

I feel one sensor is adequate for verifying the voting logic of the 3 cells used to control the solenoid. It also helps with any validation when a cell is being voted out. One of the concerns when this happens ” Is the one being voted out correct and the other two are bad?” Having a 4th cell on an independent monitoring system gives you an answer to this question. The 4th independent cell validates the controller and gives you accurate decompression at a glance.

Lamar

lamar, December 13th, 2008 at 9:44 am

• We don’t have an ETA for full production for your local dive shop just yet, but as soon as we do I will post an update. Thanks for asking.

Lamar

lamar, December 13th, 2008 at 9:53 am

• Pete has been making salivate for one of these for a while, so how does one get their paws on one to test and use. I sold both of me He Niteks waiting for this unit to get here.

So, When, How, Cost, and who???

Thanks,
    Jim NAUI IT
    Hampton Dive Services

Jim Tech Diver, December 16th, 2008 at 1:27 am

• Just wondering when you expect the Nitek X will be ready to ship. Looking forward to trying it out!

Brian Kessel, January 6th, 2009 at 9:49 am

• Thanks for your serious delays… I LOVE my new VR-3!!! Best purchase I made.

Robb Rossio, January 8th, 2009 at 3:13 am