March 15th, 2010

Voyager EXP Wing, Plus 1 Lucky Diver Gets a Free Harness/Wing Upgrade

By

The Venture Wing has morphed into the Voyager Wing. Dive Rite has had doughnut wings in the product line since 1996 with the first Travel Wing that was a single bladder construction. As we reshaped the Travel Wing the original lived on as the Venture Wing, but since it had a large footprint, we decided to reshape it to fit into the EXP line and call it the Voyager.

As a 40 pound lift wing it is a Travel EXP on steroids with the same lookm yet an extra 13 pounds to make it work with heavy steel single cylinders. I need an original Travel Wing to show the staff, so I will gladly upgrade the first person to come out the closet and contact the office with one of the original Travel Wing/TransPac systems from 1996 to a new TransPac and wing of choice.

Lamar

6 Responses to “Voyager EXP Wing, Plus 1 Lucky Diver Gets a Free Harness/Wing Upgrade”

• Call me crazy, but I dive the original travel wing w/ my HP 120 & H valves, carrying an al40 &/or al80 stage. Ususally in a CNSE drysuit or 3/5/3. Picture to follow, hope I make it home before someone gets there photo posted…..Mmmmm wonder if I can eave early today?

Micheal R, March 15th, 2010 at 12:59 pm

• Hi Michael,

Send pics to support@diverite.com

Sounds like you’re the winner!

lamar, March 16th, 2010 at 8:48 am

• spoke too soon…mine is a venture wing s/n 770370. think I sold my travel wing when I got this one. too much stuff in my garage…venture wing, rec wng, trans pac, back plate, dbls, singles…..time for a grage sale

michael r., March 16th, 2010 at 4:24 pm

• I don’t know if you are still looking for an original Travel Wing. I have one and the Trans Pac. I still dive single steel with it, as a matter of fact I was diving with it at Ginnie the first week of March. On that Thursday (4th) or Friday (5th) Lamar was surfacing from a class as I was beginning a dive, I shook his hand and told him it was good to see him again, (it had been a long time). His eyes seemed to wonder at that old Travel Wing. I laughed and had another great dive.

Ben Priest, March 31st, 2010 at 9:33 pm

• I think I have an original travel wing but wont give it up unless the voyager is made from a bungie type fabric also. I love the low drag that expands when needed aspect of the bungie material.

Jim Pinson, April 27th, 2010 at 2:38 am

• Lamar I went digging in a bag because I thought I had one. I only found a brand spankin’ new Transpac and Superwings that have never been wet…Dave

It was a lot of fun to build that line with you 16 years ago. Wow, has it been that long? Its awesome to see the innovation with Dive Rite over the years.

Come out and hit the Puget Sound with us. We need some Diamond Knot dives!

Dave McLean, April 29th, 2010 at 6:46 pm